As of March 19, 2020, we have established (or are reinforcing already established) the following health and safety protocols.
Reinforcing existing healthy workplace procedures including reminding employees to:
- Stay home if you feel sick and notify your supervisor
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if soap and water are not readily available, cleaning your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Shield coughs and sneezes with a tissue, elbow, or shoulder (not the bare hands)
Implementing and educating staff on additional guidelines specific to COVID-19 and the pandemic daily since Friday, March 13, including:
- Staggering work schedules for those that need to be in the office
- Establishing work from home when possible
- Restricted travel – All employees should only work out of their designated home office until further notice – no inter-company travel between offices.
- No in-office meetings with vendors or visitors until further notice – if you need to meet with a vendor (or anyone else), please do so virtually or off-site.
- Regularly disinfect your own workspace – We have provided all employees with access to cleaning products to keep equipment, areas, and devices.
- Worked with our cleaning companies to increase the depth of cleaning to include all frequently touched surfaces in common areas like conference tables, door knobs, copiers etc.
- Limit or eliminate physical contact and practice social distancing. Air fives and waves are acceptable substitutes for handshakes and side hugs until further notice.
- Monitor your own health and stay home if you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness and do not return to work until you are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Notify your supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
We have advised our delivery and service teams on enhanced safety (above and beyond the previously mentioned) when interacting with customers.
- Increasing depth of daily vehicle cleaning.
- Providing all delivery drivers and service technicians with hand sanitizer.
- All drivers are reporting closures as they occur
- Working with customers to consolidate deliveries to a single point to reduce exposure instead of our traditional desk-top delivery
- If a customer has any reported or suspected cases of COVID-19 in any facility, future deliveries will be a dock drop only until further notice. We have had only one case up to this point.
Future measures under consideration
- Procuring infrared thermometers for each of our office locations and screening employees